Medical, Scientific and Technical Documents and Articles
Patient Education Materials
Plain Language Summaries
Levels of Editing
What the story is. Review the story and how it reads and flows. Are there gaps in content that hinder understanding?
Stylistic and Structural Editing
How the story is told. Review line by line for accuracy, completeness, and agreement.
Review for typos, grammar, style, punctuation, etc.
Levels of Language
Focus on plain language, including terms based on intended audience
- Layman’s Language: Public
- Justified Jargon: Patient education
- Professional Prose, or Technical Terms: Colleagues
- House (client’s company style guide)
- One hour of meetings or calls per week
- Initial consultation
- Customized diagrams
- Common use and stock images, video clips and music clips
- Two rounds of edits